- Dryer vent cleaning Mississauga On.
Call (Duct cleaning Mississauga) for all your air vent cleaning services.Call : 647) 931-5211
- Excessive lint build up occurs slowly and gradually. You don't realize it is happening. You think that by cleaning out the lint filter after each use you are doing your job and maintaining the dryer. Not quite!
- A full load of wet clothes contains about a half gallon of water.
Lint is created from the clothes as water is removed during the drying process. This lint will build up in crevices deep down inside the lint filter trap, and all along the dryer vent hose. At the end of the day, your dryer is the number 1 source of fire in the home.
In 1999 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (USCPC) developed a report called the “Report on Electric and Gas Clothes Dryers.” In that report they determined that of the 15,000 fires studied in one year, electric dryers were over 2.5 times more likely to be the cause of the fire than gas dryers. Fires originated most frequently from two places: dryer venting and the lint trap.
What are the warning signs that dangerous lint build up is occurring in your dryer and venting system? Well, the symptoms may include:
- Clothes take longer and longer to dry;
- Clothes don't fully dry;
- Clothes are hotter than normal at the end of the drying cycle;
- The outside of dryer gets very hot;
- The outside exhaust vent flapper does not open very much indicating low exhaust velocity;
- Laundry room becomes more humid than it is usually;
- Burnt smell is evident in the laundry room.
Clothes dryer may be blocked with lint.
Dryer safety tipsThe leading cause of home clothes dryer and washer fires is failure to clean them.
Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry. Remove lint that has collected around the drum.
Rigid or flexible metal venting material should be used to sustain proper air flow and drying time.
Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating. Once a year, or more often if you notice that it is taking longer than normal for your clothes to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
Keep dryers in good working order. Gas dryers should be inspected by a professional to make sure that the gas line and connection are intact and free of leaks.
Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly.
Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions and don’t overload your clothes dryer.
Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning can save you money!
When your Mississauga dryer vents are clogged up with lint, your clothes take longer to dry, costing you more money on energy. What you don't see, could hurt you. Lint build-up inside your dryer can come in contact with the heating element of the dryer and cause a fire.
Birds sometimes build their nests in outside dryer vent entry. We can install bird guards or hockey mesh covers to keep the birds out.